In the spirit of all things Halloween, try your hand at this healthy pumpkin bread that the kids will love getting involved in making as well!
The final result is a moist, healthy and delicious bread - enjoy it for breakfast with some toppings or with a cup of warm coffee or tea.
- 1 can pumpkin or 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 cups rolled oats or oat flower
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a blender or food processor
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- Top with additional chocolate chips
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees C for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let it cool for about 20 minutes. Remove from loaf pan, slice and enjoy!