I adapted this recipe from Kitchen Vignette blog and change it slightly to be vegan.
This is one of my favourite salad! It is everything but boring and all the colours makes it very beautiful and tasty.
- For the Salad:
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1 to 2 cups Chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 yellow pepper cut in small cubes
- 1-2 small cucumbers
- For the Dressing:
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 large bunch parsley (or 2 small bunches)
- 1 small jar of capers, drained (about 2 to 3 tbsp.)
- Zest of 1/2 organic lemon
- Juice of two organic lemons
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Rinse and dry the kale. Roll up the leaves tightly, 3 or 4 at a time, and shred them as finely as possible. You can remove the stems before you do this if you wish. Place the shredded kale in a large salad bowl.
- Cut all the other veggies and add on top of the kale.
- On the blender bowl add the garlic, capers, parsley, mustard, sherry vinegar, lemon juice and zest and olive oil. Give a few good wiz. Try and adjust. Sometime i like to add a bit more mustard. You might like to add some salt and pepper as well.
- Pour the dressing on the shredded kale and toss. If you find the dressing to be too much for one salad, immediately refrigerate the unused amount and use it within 2 to 3 days.
You can always add some of your favourite seeds on top like : roasted pumpkin and sunflowers or slightly roasted cashew nuts.