When I first tried this cake I was a bit sceptical because as I'm French, for me cake equals tons of butter and of course a fair amount of sugar. But I gave it a try anyway and modified a few things over time.
This cake is definitely guilt free. When I make it, I often have a big piece for breakfast - yes, cake for breakfast 🙈 - because the ingredients are very clean.
Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup (vegan option)
- 4 eggs substitutes: 260gr of apple sauce or 4 tablespoons (28gr) of ground chia or flaxseeds seeds with 180gr of water until fully absorbed and thickened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple in small cube (if juice is forming in the cup, just remove it)
- Open the oven at 180 or 175 degrees (my oven become hot very quickly so 175 for me). Grill in the middle and the temperature only from the bottom. to avoid burning the top of your cake!
- Grease 2 x 8" cake pans, set aside.
- Put all the ingredients together in a bowl except the fruits and mix properly. Add the bananas first and mix a bit then the pineapple.
- Separate in your 2 pans and hop in the oven!
- Bake 25-30 min or until a pic or a knife came out clean.
- Let cool a bit then transfer to a wire rack to cold down properly.
- Use 2 coconut cream cans that have been in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- With a spoon, scoop only the think cream at the top and put in a bowl. Add 2-3 spoon of maple syrup and whipped. If the consistency is too think, try and either add a bit more maple syrup if not enough sugary or add a bit of the coconut milk that remind from the cans.
- Keep the coconut water/milk from the cans and use it for your smoothie tomorrow morning!
- Keep the cake in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
When you're done, a quick and safe spray and wipe with plant-based and toxin-free The Botanist Kitchen Cleanser will have your kitchen looking and smelling like new again!