Our recycling program
If you’re already using The Botanist products (first of all THANK YOU), you’re already taking steps to leading a more sustainable life – from what’s inside our bottles to the glass packaging to the refill options, collectively we are reducing thousands of plastic bottles from going to landfill and minimizing the impact on the environment with our plant-based and biodegradable ingredients.
But together, we can do even more, and that’s why we’re excited to announce our new recycling and reuse program!
WHAT IT MEANS, IN A NUTSHELL:
- When you place your next order through our website, we will collect your empty The Botanist bottles or refill packaging at the same time as delivering your new products. All you need to do is make sure they’re washed and ready to go!
- We will again wash and then re-use the bottles for new products, or where that’s not possible due to damage or otherwise, recycle them through our waste management partner Yes Full Circle
WHY ARE WE DOING IT?
Having lived in the UAE for over a decade, we are aware that the recycling rates in the UAE are lower than that in other countries. As an eco-first business, we want to do as much as we can to be as low-waste as possible and make it easier for our customers to do the same.
With the correct recycling practices, we can collectively reduce environmental waste and creep up those recycling rates!
HOW TO REQUEST COLLECTION:
- When you place your next online order through our website, leave us a note in the comments section on your cart page letting us know you have bottles to collect. The red arrows below show where to do this.
- Rinse the bottle and sprays fully, and please remove the labels from the bottles. A quick soak in warm water will ensure they peel off easily.
- Have your bottles ready to for collection on the day of your new delivery. Our delivery partner will swoop in and collect them as they drop off your new order. If you're not home, you can leave them outside your door!